Development Showcase Call to Projects
Produced in association with Kaleidoscope, the Cannes XR Development Showcase is a unique opportunity to present in-development projects to some of the most innovative and influential leaders in the immersive industry.
For its second edition, from 12 to 17 May 2020, Cannes XR intends to confirm its role as a genuine growth accelerator for the XR entertainment ecosystem, fostering ties between XR players internationally, helping them to promote and develop their activities with the film industry.
Over the course of the six-day marketplace, the Cannes XR Development Showcase, in association with Kaleidoscope, is an exciting new opportunity for 25-30 of the leading latest virtual and augmented reality titles currently in-development to be pitched, showcased and benefit from pre-arranged 1-on-1 meetings with some of the most emblematic industry leaders, investors, co-producers, distributors and curators of the XR entertainment space.
In addition, presenting artists will receive free accreditations for the Marché du Film, invitations to exclusive parties, dinners, and networking events, and more. Taking place at the world’s largest film market, this opportunity is open to any immersive works currently in development that explore new forms of storytelling through art, cinema, gaming, or performance.
Apply now to showcase your in-development XR project – applications Close on Tuesday 4 February 2020 at 11:59 PM PST
We are looking for projects that combine artistic genius with a robust production strategy. Our objective is to prepare XR artists to meet market expectations. Please highlight aspects that will lend credibility to your capacity to successfully complete the project.
- Projects must be an original story driven piece
- Projects must be in the development phase and in need of funding and support.
- If selected, you will have to bring your own headset and devices to organize your showcase
- Projects must use either AR or VR technology
- Only projects able to present a prototype will be considered
The jury will consider the following aspects of your project in making their selection:
- The originality of the concept and its potential to push the boundaries in the art of storytelling (5pts)
- The congruence between the project and the chosen technologies and the ability of XR technologies to bring a significant added value to the project (5pts)
- The creativity and the technical genius of the project in at least one of the following aspects: design, gameplay, scenography, sound, graphics… (5pts)
- The credibility of the team in regard to the challenges associated with the project (5pts)
- The credibility of the production and the financing strategy in regard to the market opportunities (5pts)
- The credibility of the distribution strategy in regard to the target audience (5pts)
RULES & CONDITIONS
- If selected, you must be willing to prepare and rehearse a polished pitch for your project and be present to participate in at least 3 full days of the Cannes XR Event (May 12-May 17, 2020 in Cannes, France)
- If selected, your prototype must be ready to be sent by April 28, 2020 at the latest for technical tests.
The results of the selection will be announced by email to all participants by the end of February 2020.
Selected participants have 1 week to confirm their willingness to participate upon reception of said email.
Selected artists receive the following benefits:
- Two free accreditations for the Marché du Film per team.
- Inclusion of your team on guest lists for all Cannes XR 2020 exclusive dinners, cocktails and parties.
- Mentoring & rehearsal sessions prior to the event with René Pinnell (Kaleidoscope)
- Public pitching session, prototype showcase and pre-arranged meetings with International decision makers
- Announcement of your project on the Marché du Film website and in the Cannes XR guide distributed to all Marché attendees.
- A dedicated watermark for your project including the palm, Cannes XR, and the Marché du Film logo