🔍 Doc Alliance and Cannes Docs Announce Nominees for the 2023 Doc Alliance Award
Doc Alliance and Cannes Docs are proud to reveal the nominees for the 2023 Doc Alliance Award in celebration of Doc Day at the Marché du Film.
The Doc Alliance Award promotes emerging talents in European documentary film and this year’s nominees are a testament to the wealth of new voices in the field.
In the running for Best Feature are:
- SILENT SUN OF RUSSIA by Sybille Tuxen
- DEATH OF A CITY by João Rosas
- THREE WOMEN by Maksym Melnyk
- CHRISTINA by Nikola Spasić
- A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J ONESTOWN by Jan Bušta
- POLISH PRAYERS by Hanka Nobis
- NIGHTS GONE BY by Alberto Martín Menacho
- DISTURBED EARTH by Kumjana Novakova and Guillermo Carreras-Candi
The nominees for Best Short include:
- NOTHING RUNS LIKE A DEERE by Max Göran
- WHY MY MUM LOVES RUSSELL CROWE by Emma van den Berg
- MAY THE EARTH BECOME THE SKY by Ana Vîjdea
- THE CERVIX PASS by Marie Bottois
- 07:15 – BLACKBIRD by Judith Auffray
- WAKING UP IN SILENCE by Mila Zhluktenko and Daniel Asadi Faezi
- DARKROOM by Asli Baykal
- ADJUSTING by Dejan Petrović
Congratulations to all the nominees!
The winners will be decided by jury members Jonathan Ali, Anna Berthollet, and Arnaud Hée.
Doc Alliance is a network of the seven festivals CPH:DOX, Doclisboa, DOK Leipzig, FIDMarseille, Ji.hlava IDFF, Millennium Docs Against Gravity, and Visions du Réel. This year, Dokufest joins as a guest and will host the award ceremony in August.