The premiere worldwide film market
By registering with the Marché du Film 2014...
...you gain privileged access to the event and can take advantage of a wide range of services.
The Marché du Film is a unique opportunity to get to know other professionals, to trade, and to move your projects forward.
Each year, we expand our tools so as optimize the stays of our Marché du Film participants and to adapt to economic and technological changes in the industry, keeping three words in mind: efficiency, publicity and opportunity.
By registering with the Marché du Film 2014, give yourself privileged access to the Festival de Cannes and take advantage of the following services and tools:
- Access to Marché du Film screenings (34 screening rooms, a majority of which digitally equipped).
- Access to the Official Selection of the Festival de Cannes.
- Exclusive rerun of the Official Selection films in private screenings on Thursday May 22 and Friday May 23 (only reserved for those accredited by the Marché du Film).
- Access to areas reserved for industry professionals such as the Palais des Festivals, the Riviera, Lérins, and the Village International.
- The Marché Guide: an over 1 000-pages essential tool with the details and contact information of every company, including your own.
- Indexment of your company on Cinando.com
- The Marché du Film bag and publications which are essential for planning your stay, making appointments, and organizing your agenda.
- Exclusive online publications to help you prepare your stay and organize your meetings: practical info, buyers list, screenings schedules, films and participants (Cinando), Iphone app, site for smartphones...
- One year of complimentary access to Cinando.com, the leading professional database and online screening platform.
- According to your professional profile, access to exclusive services and events: Doc Corner, Purple Lounge, Cross-Media Corner...
- Free and unlimited access to Wi-Fi in the Palais des Festivals
- Access to the Web Corner
In Cannes, you will receive a bag with your Marché badge. In it you will find:
- The Guide: 1,200 pages with 4,000 companies, their principal directors, and the films they produce or distribute. The Guide is an essential source of information which you will keep and refer to all year long.
- The Pocket Guide: a calendar and detailed list of film screenings, practical information, and exhibitors. It will be an indispensable source of information to use when organizing your daily agenda.
- The Producers Guide: a resource especially for the participants of Producers Network, The Producers Guide is a gold mine of exclusive information on 550 producers all over the world.
- The Focus: published in collaboration with The European Audiovisual Conservatory, The Focus is an essential tool that gives you a snapshot of the entirety of the international film industry for the current year.
- The Funds Book: The Marché du Film, in collaboration with OLFFI (Online Film Financing), publishes "The Funds Book", an indispensable guide to sources of public funding for cinema. It encompasses around 60 countries in five continents, with profiles of about 150 national and regional funds, as well as alternative film production aid available in Cannes.
IN FREE DISTRIBUTION
- The Daily Screening Program: Here you will find the list of screenings for the day of the Marché, the Festival and parallel sections. It is available the night before in the Palais and a number of hotels.
- The Map: A folding map with a list of exhibitors and details on all the different Marché zones (Palais, Village International, the city of Cannes…). It is available at all of the information points and accreditation counters.
- Cinando.com: enjoy exclusive access to the largest database of the film industry, containing information of professional contacts, film projects or sales, and a calendar of can’t-miss events. An access code is given to you at the end of the accreditation process. In addition to the iPhone app, a mobile version is available for smartphones.
- Marchedufilm.com : discover our various offers of service and equipment, and access features such as screenings reports or the Buyers List on your personal account.
MAIN KEY FIGURES
With a combination of more than 11 000 participants, 5 364 films presented, 1 341 screenings, and millions of dollars spent, the Marché du Film is the most important event in the industry.
Please find below the main key figures of the Marché du Film 2013:
- Registered companies : 5 049 (+9%)
- Participants : 11 769
- Booths : 297
- Exhibitors : 397
- Surface area of the Marché du Film: 13 796 m²
- Countries : 109
- Screenings of feature films: 959
- Among them Premieres: 721
- Screnings: 1450
- Theatrical distributors: 2 305
- Producers: 3 254
- Sales agents: 1 469
- Film Festivals programers: 795